Friday, August 11, 2006

A benefactor's apology :D

Lust for life, the biography of Vincent Van Gogh is what I am reading currently. 3/4ths of the book is over, and until now he is an unrecognised pauper. Since I dont know his life story, its like a thriller for me. And yeah Irving Stone the author writes to my liking.

I get a lot of mails to my gmail account which are not meant for me. No, they are not spam, they are sent by well meaning people who think that my email address belongs to some other person. Many of them include IT companies offering Project Lead jobs :D.. however the most useful contribution has been from the people who sent me their gmail invitations!! I have received and used up four such ones, creating accounts for my relatives and friends. The latest one I got today and used up immediately, after which I get a mail from the sender asking about my well being. He obviously is in the blissfull ignorance that I am his friend and that his gmail invitation has been well used.. But being the ungrateful fellow that I am, I havent replied to him yet informing him of his grave error. What can I say to him anyway? "Sorry, But I am not the person who you think I am. Yeah thanks for that invitation anyway, and do send some more incase you have" :D .. This reminds me I once sent a mail to the person who sent me 2 gmail invitations due to similar misunderstanding, I used them and then replied to him as "Thanks for all the invitations, however can I know why you are sending them to me? I have never ever heard of you in my life." And the poor guy replied with an apology !! :D. He unwittingly does me a favour and then apologizes for it :D.
And I gloat about it.
And I have those long locks no more ...
And instead of those PSs am using Ands
And I have nothing more to write now which is even worth typing out..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still want gmail invitations !! I have some 100 or so left ...

btw ... listen to "Starry Starry Night" [if you haven't] by Don McLean.. you may like it ...as you are reading Van Gogh's biography.

the-think said...

Hehehe! What do you do with all those invitations? Create more gmail accounts and send out more e-mails so you get more? hehe!

mythalez said...

@rakesh, naah i dont want, but i get them anyway :D and wow .. i never knew there were songs abt him!!

@persephone, cant help it :D

Sreejith said...

Maybe its coz gmail ignores the "dot". so if u send a mail to rama.chandra or to ramachandra u'll still get the mail.

mythalez said...

@yah .. but i receive ramachandr at gmail too :-s